The fall season brings change… temperature, color of leaves and our schedules. This year, however, maybe you’ve noticed another change? The Department of Labor’s announcing the release of the Final Rule for federal contractors related to Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA) and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Watch our latest installment of The Employment Line or read more below:
In the wake of this announcement, DirectEmployers Association stands ready to help you understand these regulations and create solutions to help you meet these new requirements. Here are just a few of the initiatives we have in place at this time:
• DirectEmployers will continue collaborating with our partner the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) to improve the National Labor Exchange (NLx) compliance solution. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Membership Development representative at (866) 268-6206.
• A webinar featuring partner organization Pinnacle, and introducing new partner the Poses Family Foundation, as well as member companies Alaska Airlines, and Cardinal Health and representatives from DirectEmployers.
• Our Employers Connect – Indianapolis Employers Connect meeting in Indianapolis, IN on September 17 will include a session on the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.
• A webinar with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies(NASWA), the National Labor Exchange (NLx) and the Recruitment Regulatory Compliance Committee (RRCC).
• A webinar featuring John C. Fox, Esq., who will educate all of our Members on what should be done now to prepare for full compliance once the regulations are published in the federal register and receive final OMB approval based on record-keeping and paperwork requirements.
• Comprehensive presentations at DirectEmployers Annual Meeting &Conference in October.
Please watch for communications on exact webinar dates and full descriptions of all upcoming presentations.
Speaking of DEAM13, did you know the discounted room rate at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort ends on September 30th? Book your room now at: http://deam13.directemployers.org/venue
Here are some other deadlines to keep in mind:
Veterans Connect Career Fair employer registration ends 9/13
DEAM13 underwriter registration ends 9/13
DEAM13 attendee registration ends 10/7
Hope to see you in San Diego!
[amazon_link asins=’1118024303,1522021140,0198719795,1119240239,B01AS2T0ZA’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’digieboodown-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’5d5c766c-849a-11e7-bdc2-1b7420a1b569′]
The Employment Line, Episode 8: Response to Final Rule for VEVRAA and Section 503, Important DEAM13 Reminders