– Bringing one world view to global food regulations
– Discussing the high-profile issues currently shaping the global regulatory landscape
– How should industry seek to exceed expectations as it operates across borders and jurisdictions?
– What is the culture within your company? How do you collaborate on regulatory expectations to secure business alignment and the right balance on risk management?
– Transparency and proactive partnership – industry and regulators working together beyond compliance
Are we meeting consumer needs?
Martin Slayne has broad experience working across sectors and geographies, leading in scientific, regulatory and food safety roles. Martin joined The Hershey Company in 2014 to head up the Company’s new Global Scientific & Regulatory Affairs organization, based in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Martin was born in Wales, UK. He started his career in scientific research, moved to UK government sector in London, and then to the European Commission in Brussels. In 2005, he moved to the food industry sector in the US, responsible for global regulatory, food safety and nutrition leadership in Fortune 500 food companies. Martin was previously with Kraft Foods through the company split into Mondelez International, where as Chief Food Safety Officer he established and led the Global Food Safety and Scientific & Regulatory Affairs organization. His original move to the US was to join PepsiCo, at the Frito-Lay HQ near Dallas, where he led PepsiCo’s global cross-functional community on scientific & regulatory affairs, food safety and nutrition. Before moving to the US, Martin was responsible for establishing legislation on chemical food safety at the European Commission in Brussels, including EU representation at Codex Alimentarius, and inter-governmental collaboration. Prior to Brussels, Martin built his responsibilities across food, animal feed, veterinary and agricultural science and policy at the UK Food Standards Agency and Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food in London. Martin has a PhD in medical microbiology research.
[amazon_link asins=’1118024303,1522021140,0198719795,1119240239,B01AS2T0ZA’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’digieboodown-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’5d5c766c-849a-11e7-bdc2-1b7420a1b569′]
Keynote: Tackling the Global Regulatory Landscape as a Company